When driving traffic to your website, regardless of the industry you are in, there are two primary ways to get website traffic: paid or free. Granted, with paid advertisement such as pay-per-click, you are able to gain a massive target group of people to your website but, this is also the quickest way to spend similar to backpage a fortune. However, the same results can be achieved with free advertisement. (Disclaimer: When using the free methods, it does take more time for traffic to build and investment of time to implement the methods in the beginning stages. Plus, these methods work best if your website can make sales and/or have an opt-in option for leads.) The following methods include:
1. Blogging- Start a blog and submit it to different blog directories. Be sure to provide helpful and quality content on a consistent and regular basis and of course to link your site. By doing this, you will attract quality traffic to your website.
2. Social Media- Social media is extremely popular among millions of people, so start a page on a high page ranking social site and post your link. However, be sure the content of your page is between 90-95% about you, not your business, for people use these types of sites to build relationships.
3. Free Classified Ads- With massive action, free classified ads can draw an enormous amount of traffic to your site. Post ads with your website address on high traffic websites, such as Craigslist and Backpage.
4. Article Marketing- Write five articles a week and submit them to free article directories. Be sure to make the articles keyword rich. In the resource box or author’s bio box, be sure to put a link to your website in it as well as making some type of offering to your audience such as a free seven day series of reports, free samples, etc.
5. Video Marketing- Get a video camera or a web cam and discuss for two minutes a topic that could be helpful for your audience and post your link along side the video and submit it to video directories. A great tool for this is Traffic Geyser.
When implementing free internet marketing strategies, it may seem like a lot of work at first, but the items mention above can be extremely effective over time (see disclaimer above) with even a little amount of time invested everyday. These strategies are also good to use even if you are paying for your website traffic.